- 2 unpeeled hothouse cucumbers, halved + quartered
- 3 cups rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- Combine the vinegar, water, honey, pepper flakes, peppercorns, coriander, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, cumin + salt in a medium non-reactive saucepan over high heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Let boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let sit until cooled to room temperature.
- Add the dill and cilantro.
- Place the cucumber in a sealable container, such as a mason jar + pour the cooled vinegar mixture over them.
- Refrigerate, covered for 24 hours or up to 4 days.
slightly adapted from the guru, Bobby Flay.
Recipe by kelly's ambitious kitchen. at https://kellysambitiouskitchen.com/dill-pickles/