what’s better than a gorgeous ripe summer peach?
a gorgeous ripe summer peach GRILLED.
have you experimented with grilled fruits at all? well, i had not. and turns out my life has been seriously missing out on a really fantastic food decision!
and so, in celebration of this cooking method, i’m sharing with you a fantastic summer salad that is jam packed with an all-star player -the grilled peach.
another thing i loved about this salad was the ease of it!
hey kelly, salads are always really easy. it’s a pile of things in a bowl.
i know i know. but i loved how you lay down the bed of greens, tear apart the burrata, top with the grilled mvps + drizzle away with a sweet balsamic glaze. it’s just a lovely little carefree cooking experience!
as most of my friday shares – this salad is wonderful for entertaining! it’s gorgeous, looks impressive + in most cases will introduce someone at the dinner table about a great way to incorporate fruit into a savory dinner treat!
enjoy! and happy friday!
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 peaches, sliced in half + pits removed
- 5oz arugula + spinach greens mix
- 1 ball burrata cheese
- when the onions are brown + translucent, add the balsamic vinegar stirring to combine. remove the onions from the pan + set aside.
- heat a grill pan over medium heat. oil the peaches + grill the peaches.
- finally, assemble the salad. layer the greens down, rip the burrata over the salad, place the peaches over everything + finish with the glaze.